Hello, dear readers!
The latest from balena
Introducing Open Fleets
During Release Party #6, we introduced Open Fleets, and self-serve submissions to balenaHub. Get more details on how to submit your own Fleet or Project and how to join other interesting Fleets.
An interview with Eben Upton
Our new podcast brings you conversations with people who deliver the fire of physical computing to the masses. In this first episode, we talk to Eben Upton, founder of the Raspberry Pi Foundation.
Are you doing something cool with balena and want to get more involved in the balena community? Here are five ways to get involved (and get some swag while you're at it).
This month on balenaHub
Check out our most active Open Fleets, or check them all out on balenaHub
- Rosetta-at-home-arm - Fold for Covid - Help fight the COVID-19 pandemic with your old laptop, Raspberry Pi, or other spare computer
- balenaSound - Build a single or multi-room streamer for an existing audio device using a Raspberry Pi! Supports Bluetooth, Airplay and Spotify Connect
- balena-minecraft-server - Build a Minecraft Server using a Raspberry Pi 4! Supports common Servers, SCP, RCON and Wifi Connect.
- Pihole - Pi-hole is a Linux network-level advertisement and Internet tracker blocking application!
- Rosetta-at-home-amd64 - Fold for Covid - Help fight the COVID-19 pandemic with your old laptop, Raspberry Pi, or other spare computer
- Stellarium - An educational star, constellation, planet, and night-sky mapping program running on a Raspberry Pi 4.
Build your edge impulse project with balenaOS
In frame person detection
Check out this technical report featuring balena and AWS
Are you interested in reading more about how balenaCloud performs? We spotted this journal article
which discusses the design of a containerized IoT and M2M application, comparing balena and AWS’s IoT products.
Is there a DevOps book club happening on the Forums?
Not quite a project, but maybe this discussion and the books referenced could inspire one. Check out this small, steady conversation
about “must-read books” about DevOps.
We’re looking for a number of roles for our growing team. Could any of these fit you?
- Technical Sales Lead / Sales Engineer (Americas)
- Site Reliability Engineer (EMEA)
- Site Reliability Engineer (Americas)
- Security Engineer
- Frontend Engineer
Check them out or introduce yourself to us via open call. We’d love to get to know you better.
Hang out with us
Join us for IoT Happy Hour
We’re postponing our physical events to practice safe social distancing and keep our team safe and healthy. Instead, meet with us virtually during our weekly IoT Happy Hour!
Every Friday at 16:00 UTC, join our live stream to see IoT project builds, discuss hardware and software, talk shop, answer community questions, and more. All of our previous episodes are available on our YouTube channel