Any block published to balenaHub is now available to download directly as a container image, no additional registry pushes required. The balenaHub Container Registry
also includes image release management and image references that you can use directly in your docker-compose files.
Also in this months email:
- Build an autonomous vehicle (DonkeyCar!)
- Build an automated LED Sunlamp
- EtcherPro is now FCC certified
- Become a balena Ambassador
- Build an admin interface for Openbalena
The latest from balena
Build a DonkeyCar Autonomous Vehicle
More people are looking to balena to manage fleets of autonomous vehicles and robots. Use this tutorial as your entry into this world, using the existing DonkeyCar stack, and balena to build your first autonomous vehicle!
Meet Sunlamp, an elegant LED automation solution
Balenista Jon recently graduated from his labs residency where he built an ambient light which mimics the natural light cycle of the sun throughout the day.
EtcherPro is now FCC certified!
We've worked hard for months to find a solution to reduce EtcherPro emissions. By passing FCC Certification, we are now able to ship to U.S. destinations.
This month on balenaHub
Check out some of our newest Open Fleets, Projects and Blocks on balenaHub
- Hotspot - Create an access-point serving p2p applications, bridges and content
- Helium-OG - Manage your original Helium miner remotely using Nebra
- Starknet-node - A safe view into StarkNet, a zero-knowledge rollup for Ethereum
- Chi-edge-raspberrypi - Enroll in CHI@ Edge testbed for computer science research
- balenaRancher - Kubernetes cluster with a Rancher server and k3s worker nodes
- Meetbot - A configurable Google Meet bot aimed at reducing friction in video calls
Become a balena Ambassador
Do you love using any of the balene products? Would you like to connect to other balena enthusiasts, learn more about the product, and shape the future of balena? Apply to become an ambassador.
Deploy CrateDB with balena
CrateDB is a leading open-source, distributed SQL database, which you can now run on your IoT devices with balena using the Crate block.
Check out the tutorial on the Crate forums.
Build an admin interface for openbalena
An incredible balena community member has created open-balena-admin
, a platform to deploy and manage IoT devices using openbalena.
Build a LoRaWAN Gateway with LTE-M backhaul
Build your LoRaWAN gateway
and connect it to LTE-M to offload the data using a SIMCom cellular modem and Monogoto SIM, and manage the whole system using balena.
Work with us
We’re looking for a number of roles for our growing team.
- Software Engineer
- Technical Sales Lead / Sales Engineer
Check them out
, or if you think you could be a great fit for balena, design your own role and introduce yourself to us via open call. We’d love to get to know you better.